Bomboloni – small fried sweets filled with cream or jam. Gavrosh Gourmet presented them at the Sofia Event Center exhibtion.
- 500 g flour
- 60 g brown sugar
- 70 g butter
- 1 lemon
- 100 ml of water
- 25 g yeast
- 4 g salt
- 50 g powdered sugar
- 1 liter extra virgin olive oil
- Jam or cream
– Dissolve yeast in warm water, add 30 grams of sugar and let stand for a few minutes.
– Sift the flour into a bowl, even pour the dissolved yeast, salt, the rest of the granulated sugar, butter and started to knead.
– Grate the zest of the lemon and continue to knead until you have a dough elastic. Cover the dough with a clean tea towel and let rise in a warm place for at least 2 hours. After that, the dough will be doubled.
– At the end of the two hours for rising, place the dough on a floured surface and flatten it. Flour again and then knead the dough with a rolling pin to a thickness of one centimeter.
– With the help of a pastry rings, form some discs of about 7 cm in diameter.
– Put the disc on a floured surface, cover with a tea towel and let rise for another hour.
– After this time, pour the oil in a frying pan, heat it and then fry the bomboloni. If you notice that swells and turns on its own then it means that you can proceed with the fry.
– Let drain the oil on a paper towel, fill them with nutela, jam or pastry cream then sprinkle with icing sugar or cinnamon.